Monday, May 01, 2006

I'm pretty sure it was horse

I think I ate horse. I got meat on a stick from some street vendor and what I ate wasn't anything I recognize. When I asked the chef what it was he didn't use a word with which I'm familiar. I know the Japanese eat horse (raw horse in Gifu) and I'm completely convinced that's what I ate.

Not bad. The texture was weird. Its hard to describe. Not as hard to chew through but in a bad way. You'd have to try it yourself I guess. The only word that comes into my mind is mealey. Or mealy. However you spell that.

On the train ride home from Toyohashi we paused at a station and there was a guy and a girl sitting on the ground right outside of our window. The girl was wicked cute but the guy was very androgynous and lame. He looked like some kind of emo-wannabe with a really deep and hard-to-understand point of view (I'm making the jerk-off gesture with my hand while typing this). Anyway, it looked like he might have been crying or something (maybe they were breaking up?) and she was trying to console him. So naturally, we blew her a kiss from where we were sitting on the train. Her face lit up with this huge smile and she had to turn her head to prevent this guy from seeing her reaction. Weep on emo guy. Our thing works better though.

I'm going to see 'V is for Vendetta' as soon as I get some time off. Anyone go yet?

blog comments powered by Disqus