Friday, May 26, 2006

My hot date

I met Yuuko yesterday. I hadn't had nearly enough to drink. She had a great time with me and hasn't stopped texting me since then. Awesome. Now I need to find out how to get numbers blocked.

From a distance she looked like a little old lady. She was anxiously walking around the TV Tower all hunched over and shit and was distrustfully clutching at her purse while doing it. I just had a feeling that was the girl I was supposed to meet and almost bailed at the last minute. She had on thick glasses and more than her fair share of facial moles.

She's 24, works at a grocery store, lives with her parents, doesn't like to read, listed Maroon 5 and the Backstreet Boys as her favorite bands, and said 'really!? to everything I said.

Half-mole half-Japanese woman thing: Do you have sister or brother?
The white Mos Def: yeah, a sister.
Half-mole thing: Really!? Is she older or younger?
The white Mos Def: younger by about a year.
Half-mole half-broken record thing: Really!?

Yeah, really. I'm THAT amazing baby.

I bought lunch and then we went to a big bookstore (I have no idea why). She brought over a copy of Bill Clinton's autobiography to show me and then, laughing hysterically, returned it to the shelf. That was it for me. I told her I had to go home when we got outside. Rookie mistake. She was going home too which meant a 20 minute walk together to Nagoya Station. I started to just lie to her and didn't bother to correct her when she fucked up all the details of everything we had been talking about. Yes, I live in Handa City. My roommate's name... Zeus. Yeah, I lived in Canada. They eat babies there. They're considered a delicacy.

Not that I think I'm anything special (actually, I do), but I'll smash my balls flat with a hammer before her and I do anything together again.

blog comments powered by Disqus