Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My paycheck

To answer Bruce's question: I make around 220,000 Yen a month. I think that's right. My rent is 51,000 Yen a month, and there are some other random things that I think Nova takes out of my paycheck (taxes, health care, etc;). They pay for my travel to and from work, but I think when everything is said and done I have a little bit more than 120,000 Yen to blow through each month. If that's what I'm making right now, I'll get a bump after the end of this month. I'm technically still in my probationary period, which they use as an excuse to pay me less. My paycheck on April 15th should be closer to 240,000 Yen or something like that. To be honest those numbers may be wrong (although close). I'll look into it and let you know. I work a 34 hour week and any overtime I work on my days off is 125% of my regular pay or something like that.

Most of the teachers I know here teach private lessons on the side which I haven't looked into yet. I like all of my free time, but I'll probably do the same thing after I've gotten more accostomed to being here.

blog comments powered by Disqus