Thursday, March 16, 2006

Day after St. Patty's Day

For whatever reason when I came here yesterday and tried to update my blog I received javascript errors. I just checked and I can see the failed post in its entirety so I'm just reposting it now. It looks like it worked...

Today I called in sick for the first time. Calling in sick is pretty slick because you don't need to call the branch you work at and feel guilty about anything. You call Osaka and they alert your branch. Apparently they write down what you say though and record it somewhere. One girl who called in (I'm told) laughed when she told them she had diarrhea. She laughed because it was embarassing (and she might have been lying too) but they thought she was just flaunting the fact that she was lying so that went on her record.

We drank all of the Guinness that Brian bought and did a few Irish Car Bombs. The night was spent at a British pub (it must have been worse for the pub to be celebrating the national holiday of a country that frequently murders its citizens, than for us to be celebrating in the establishment of the enemy), the Elephant's Nest, which is indistinguishable in character from the American and the Australian bars in my opinion. I spent the night talking to these Japanese people and ignored my Nova coworkers for the most part. My Japanese is getting better but I can only make the most basic sentences and sentence fragments. I tried to compensate for my lack of conversation by drawing the USA on a bar napkin and then writing all the Kanji I know. I got this girl named Reina's number ("denwa bangoo wa nan desu ka?")and left the bar with her, but immediately lost her. We went to some restaurant and her and her friend went elsewhere. We hopped into a cab afterwards and went to Freebell for the night. She sent me a text asking where I left to. Oops. I sent her a text this morning but we didn't get together. I am completely indifferent.

I don't have anything else to report. I have work tomorrow and I'm planning a trip for next weekend to Kobe, Kyoto, Gifu, or something. I'll let you all know and if I leave the area I'll bring my camera. I forgot to bring it to the pub, sorry.

blog comments powered by Disqus