Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ignore that last post

I just reread my post from yesterday and its beyond crap. I think I was just repeating what I've already said elsewhere anyway. It's hard to remember what I've written in the past since I never look back at any of it. Since I just write this stream of consciousness there's a lot of redundancy too. Sorry about that.

A new NOVA teacher just arrived from some god-forsaken part of Ontario so we all went out to Shooters last night. She seems ok but she has this really high level of optimism that I find annoying. I asked her about her plans in Japan and why she came and shit like that, and I could tell she just loved the sound of her answers. So while I think she's ok, what I really mean is that she'll be ok and I'll avoid talking to her or seeing her outside of the bars we all go to.

I ran my 'degrees of McDonalds' idea by some co-workers who shit all over it. Now that I think about it it is a pretty incorrect thing to say. This job isn't like McDonalds but it is annoying in some regards. I feel like an entertainer and not a teacher. I talked with an Australian guy that I really like (I've heard mixed reviews from other people on this guy) last night and he said he taught at an actual school for a little while and likes this better. I said that I didn't think we actually teach anyone anything and he said that he gets more of a response now than he did with grammar rules and all of that crap. To him that other stuff seems like pointless memorization and this is the way to go. HOWEVER, a Japanese guy I met at the bar last night lived in the US for 2 or 3 years and used to go to NOVA. He doesn't have a good impression of it and that supports my case.

The Australian guy (and this may be why some people don't like him) told me that every Sagittarius he's met, me included, have 'scheming' eyes. He's maybe a little bit more honest than some people want in a friend and he often buts into conversations to correct people. I like it because its a unique personality here. Anyway, I take his 'scheming' eyes statement as a compliment. No one has ever called me scheming but I think to be scheming you first need to be clever. So I appreciate that he thinks I'm clever enough to be capable of scheming, but I don't know what about my eyes gives him that impression. He tried to clarify later and said that I look like I'm constantly looking to get into trouble. Again, I don't know what causes this.

blog comments powered by Disqus