Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I hate Verizon

I signed up with Verizon for a two-year plan and cancelled early because they don't provide service in Japan. If you can prove that you're leaving the country then they waive the $175 cancellation fee. I got charged $158 on January 23, and through persistent calling got someone at Verizon to assure me that I would see a credit of $175 on my next statement. Awesome. Oh wait, no, that's not awesome because it never happened. I just looked at my Citizens account and not only have I not yet received my $175 back, but there's a new charge as of February 22 for $63.74. It would be impossible to convey in a blog how angry I am. I imagine someone who catches crabs from their girlfriend would be at a comparable level of rage. I just wrote two emails through their website that are probably directly routed to someone's trash bin. The problem is that it's so easy for them to take money out of my account (apparently they don't even need to let me know they're doing it) and its so hard for me to get it back. All I can do is ask very politely that they give me money back and all they have to do is say no, and take the rest of it. I will never again sign up for automatic deductions for anything. That has got to be one of the dumbest things a human being can do with their money. I wouldn't let some motherfucker on the street hold my wallet, so why would I let a huge corporation have access to it? It doesn't make any fucking sense. Corporate America, I want to give your girlfriend crabs.

blog comments powered by Disqus