Thursday, March 16, 2006

More updates

Happy St. Patricks Day! You won't be able to wish that back to me for another 1 and a half hours, but whatever. Im in Sakae at the Yahoo cafe again. I woke up last night with a slight phlegm problem. I guess I caught my first Japanese cold. It MIGHT have something to do with all the fucking kids I have that like to sneeze and wipe their snot on their hands and cough in my face. No joke, I was sitting in a circle with some kids yesterday and a girl sneezed right in my fucking face. She waited until I looked up, stared me right in the eyes, and sneezed. A nice thick sneeze that must have coated my whole face and later worked its way to the back of my throat and nose. So that puts me in a bind for St. Patty's day but I think I can cancel out the negative effects of alcohol with prayer, so I should be ok. But what else could be more appropriate than prayer for the most hallowed of holidays.

I was gonna title this post 'You don't get to drink like this on Rosh Hashanah' but then I remembered that you do get to drink copious amounts for Passover, so I guess its a draw. Daniela gave me one of the best holiday cards I've ever seen, it was a Menorah and a Christmas Tree with light sabers fighting to the death.

I've been disseminating some very false information over the past few weeks (years even). I only recently decided to do my research and see how accurate I am. The biggest crock of shit that I've said recently was that Thanksgiving has its roots in the Crusades. Completely false. I got this information from a Ras Kass song (which should have been my first warning) titled 'The Nature of the Threat.' The second thing that I said recently was that the four-leaf clover was considered lucky in Ireland because it looks like the crucifix. I have no idea if this is true or not and I'm not about to look it up. I'm just going to assume I'm wrong but keep telling my Japanese students its true.

Ahhhhh... I guess that's it. I'm going to check my gmail now and you bitches better have written to me.

blog comments powered by Disqus