Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Movies that suck

I saw The Omen and I thought it was terrible. Unless Damien's father is the priest with the 666 birthmark, the movie didn't make any sense. I realize that there's a second and third movie, but to leave so many questions unanswered was pretty lame.

I watched the DVD commentary afterwards. To hear the writer and director talking about their inspiration made me hate the movie even more.

The writer said that the idea came to him when he was eating lunch with a weird religious friend and he was asked: 'Hey, what if the anti-Christ comes back and is only a small child?' The writer then ran home and wrote the first 10 pages of the story. Wow. What genius. I don't think you can use the phrase 'the idea came to me' in that situation, I think the more correct term is 'the idea was placed gently in my lap by a former friend who no longer talks to me because I hella-ripped him off.'

I was going to skip the next two but I think Christopher Walken is in one of them.

blog comments powered by Disqus