Friday, June 30, 2006

Its getting hot and humid...

I bought a manga last night for 350 yen and I'm determined to translate the damned thing. From what I can understand so far (and this is all true) its about a high school in Japan and its new Russian foreign-exchange student. All of the students are scared of him until he shows up and the girls fall in love with his shit. Sadly, his fans include this one girl, Miki, who is the secret crush of our hero, .... ... I don't remember his name. When this Russian student is introducing himself to the class he says something like 'Japan is weak at sports.' Our hero uses this to get in his face and, maybe, to win his girl's affection. Anyway, our hero is about 2 feet tall and scrawny and gets his ass kicked about 10 consecutive times by the Russian guy for reasons I can't begin to understand, until, Michael Jordan (this is all true) shows up and fights the Russian. I think Michael Jordan loses, and somewhere else James Brown makes an appearance. The whole thing is batshit crazy and I'm quickly learning that my Japanese sucks.

Lets see. Its already 3:28pm here and I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. I might give my 30-days notice on my apartment tomorrow so that at the end of the month I can leave this place. Maybe head to Tokyo, maybe South Korea, maybe somewhere else entirely. I left the United States for an adventure and living in Japan isn't enough for me. I need more. I want to go even farther away and deal with even weirder shit and I don't think I'm going to be able to come home until I've done this. Then again, I never do what I say I'm going to, so this means nothing.

Sunshine is leaving tomorrow. I'm really sorry to see her go since she's one of my only quasi-friends here. Before we parted today she said 'good luck with life.' I wish I thought of something clever to say.

blog comments powered by Disqus