Thursday, June 01, 2006

A few beers and a beautiful day

Tenki wa ii desu ne. Thats going to be my opening line when I start to chat with Japanese people today. I had Irish coffee and a few beers for breakfast and now I'm loose. I want to make some friends and flirt with girls but without a few beers I'm just too god-damned shy to do anything about it.

So, I threw on my favorite shirt and bought a new gray and orange bandana with a dragon on it. I'm going to make some friends.

I had a talk with my Aussie roommate today and he really isn't such a bad guy. He said that one thing about having an ego, but I don't mind him at all. He showed me his sketch book for some reason and his stuff isn't bad. I mean, it eats a dick compared to my stuff (of course) but its good.

Work sucks the life out of me. I've been listening to a lot of Neil Young and I love the line from one of his songs: 'not a day goes by and I dont burn a little bit of my soul.' Awesome. Exactly man, exactly. I wish I could just win the lottery and drink beer, smoke pot, and flirt with Japanese girls, but its not in the kaado I suppose. I've been bitching to Daniela recently about how boring my life is and whatever else, but its not Japan's fault. I think of all the places I could be right now I would be happiest here.

I have plans to meet some guy for coffee today (his English seems pretty solid) but tomorrow I want to go to Himaka Island. Himaka is Japanese for Octopus and the island is right off the southern tip of the Chita peninsula (where I live and work). You can get really good octopus and raw fish there and its supposed to be just a great lonely little island. I want to read and swim and just fuck around and inch allah I'll be there tomorrow at this time.

blog comments powered by Disqus