Thursday, April 20, 2006

Things that don't affect you

So I got an approval by the IRS for my tax extension. I think a little celebration is in order. Maybe I'll have eel tonight. Or maybe I'll have some ikazaki bean paste smeared on top of something.

So a friend of mine gave me their DVD player because it won't play DVRs and they're upgrading. The video rental place next to me is great it turns out. You can rent a movie for a full week for 100 yen (USD is currently trading at 117.68 JPY) and they have this awesome anime selection. Unfortunately, most of the anime doesn't come with English subtitles so I need to study a little harder before I can watch them.

Finished Murakami Haruki's 'Wind-Up Bird Chronicle' and 'Kafka on the Shore.' I'm halfway through a book on Japanese history, and I'm going to pick up some Soseki Natsume soon (Edo era author). I also want to get books on the philosophy of Zen Buddhism, so if anyone wants to chat about books or has any advice to give me, feel free.

blog comments powered by Disqus