Friday, April 07, 2006

Nalini, Canadian-style pizza, and Hanami

I finally called Nalini the other day. I emailed her after I arrived in Japan but we hadn't spoken to each until this Wednesday. She has family visiting right now but after that I'm gonna go to Kobe and visit her. I think we made tentative plans for the end of this month and now I'm excited to see the city. She said its a cool city (which Nagoya isn't) so I'm finally going to see some more of Japan. That'll mean more pictures too, which I'm sure you will enjoy. Because who wouldn't want to look at this mug? No one. That's who.

I saw an ad the other day in the April Japanzine (a free English language magazine that sucks) for Canadian-style Pizza in Osaka. What the fuck is Canadian-style pizza? While the pizza in the ad looks delicious, I'm willing to bet it sucks. Arrogant Canadians. What do they know about pizza?

The ancient Japanese art of Hanami is something that I'm going to be privy to tonight. That's where large groups of people gather in the public areas where Cherry Blossoms are in bloom and get smashed to shit on sake and eat finger foods. It's not as glamorous as it sounds since I'll be forced to talk to my co-workers. I have my camera on me, so pictures will be forthcoming.

So I haven't filled out my taxes yet. Someone call the government and tell them I'm going to need some more time. They'll know what its all about. Thanks.

blog comments powered by Disqus