Thursday, April 06, 2006

My temple





So I wrote about visiting a temple in my last post and I took some photos with my cellphone today. I took a shot of the main building, the front gate, and the Buddha inside. I'm playing with the idea of going to Ise tomorrow. Its in the next prefecture over, Mie, and is the holiest Shinto site in the country. It's the shrine where all of the spirits of the emperors go to after death. I'm sure there's a reason why they go there, but that's all I know for now. Maybe I'll bump into Hirohito (known as Showa after his death) and I can ask him where his head was at. Honestly. It's just a tiny group of islands with no natural resources to speak of and they thought they were gonna win against all of the nations of southeast Asia, China, Korea, the Soviet Union, and all the English-speaking nations of the world worth fucking with? That was dumb. That was really fucking dumb.

blog comments powered by Disqus