Wednesday, April 26, 2006

+1

So today my new roommate shows up. He's a smelly Australian but I don't plan on holding that against him. Cathryn (my boss whose stupid title I haven't learned since its all Nova-speak and not worth learning) is going to show up with him at 3pm and I don't plan on being there. Part of it is that I hate my boss and don't want to be forced to talk to her. Since I rely on Nova for everything, its become obvious that they think they have access to all aspects of my life. She's able to walk into my home (even if its for this good reason) and since we don't get along she'll probably use the opportunity to talk down to me in some small way and I don't think I could keep it under control if that happened. Also, I just don't want to be there for this guy when he shows up. I don't particularly want another roommate (but since Brian leaves in May its not the worst thing) and I definitely don't want to drag his ass all over town, showing him the sights, on my day off. This is Benn's time and Benn likes conversation held to a minimum during his time. Since my job consists of 20% teaching and 80% entertaining, entertaining on my day off is not going to fucking happen. Would you like to create spreadsheets all day on your Saturday? Fuck no my friend. Fuck no.

His timing is perfect. There are two lights in our bathroom and both of them stopped working a long time ago. I get ready in the semi-dark and I'm constantly surprised by the quality of my shave when I get to work. There isn't any hot water in our apartment and hasn't been for a week now. Neither of us have called the Nova department concerned with that kind of stuff either. We've just been dealing with it. I shower every other day now to avoid it, but I do get a certain kind of rush out of these freezing cold showers. I've been teaching myself how to appreciate them too. I soap up, wash my face, shampoo my hair, and then before turning on the water, psyche myself out. When I say its cold, please understand that means its cold. So I usually think of some really angry rap lyrics (DMX and Jedi Mind Tricks help me out) and then, rapping loudly, rinse off. It wakes me right the hell up and I never waste any water. It's good for the environment and I find it invigorating. So, after a 15 hour flight, that's what my roommate will have to look forward to.

Also, our apartment is filthy. It's so dirty that I ALMOST made an attempt to clean it up today, but hey, its my day off. And since I don't do favors for anyone here, he can do it himself if he wants to.

Is that funny?

blog comments powered by Disqus