Thursday, April 13, 2006

I need to do something

I need to get out of the area (I keep saying that) so I finally have something new to talk about. I was going to travel to Ise today but tax concerns prevented me from leaving. I have the phone numbers of the Massachusetts tax authority and the IRS, so I can call them today to ask for extensions. I suppose that's all I can do until IBT gets its fucking act together and sends Daniela my W2.

I took out enough cash from the bank to buy a Super FamCom, so expect boring posts about that soon.

Shit man. I wanted to write about something but I'm nonplussed. I know if one of you were sitting here you'd notice something weird and ask about it, but most things here have become commonplace. For example, getting served a raw egg with most meals seems normal. So does seeing girls dressed up as fairies and princesses on the subway. Japanese body language is beginning to make sense and I can guess the meaning of some sentences now from the expressions that are used in the delivery (for example raised eyebrows and a slightly scared look means 'please stop smelling my hair').

It's starting to get a little warm here. Wearing a t-shirt and a shortsleeve polo shirt caused me to sweat on the train today. It may be completely different tomorrow (in that way at least it resembles Boston) but right now its nice.

Apparently Chinese sand (The Gobi?) gets blown onto Japan at this time of the year. Someone the other day complained at work about getting dusty or something (?) and explained it away as China's fault. It didn't make a lot of sense to me, but I remember how the skies over Massachusetts looked when Quebec had all of those forest fires a few years ago.

blog comments powered by Disqus