Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ode to Kate Martin

I think its important to have a friend who will be honest with you. A lot of people like to say things like 'if I had been there, I would have said it right to their face' or 'I'll tell you EXACTLY how I feel.' Most of the people who like to say these things are full of shit. People who actually do things like that don't need to call your attention to it.

Enter Kate Martin.

Everyone needs a friend like Kate because even if it potentially ruins your relationship with her, she'll let you know what she's thinking about. A couple of times she has said something that made me want to tie her up in a bag and drop her from a bridge, but I get over it and she always gives me something to think about.

So from her email to me:

'I can see how someone might say you look scheming, youve always looked devilish.'

and...

'So today I've spent the past 3 hours catching up on your life. To tell you the truth, it got really boring after the first month. But I still forwarded the blog onto Tracy. Ok, not that your life or trip seems boring, but your writing style changed and you seemed to loose your sense of humor. Here I am going on and on to my roommate about how funny you are, and you blew it. Redeem yourself; Im not interested in how much yen you are making.'

Ok, so I reread my first posts and I don't really find them funny. I don't know what specifically she was referring to when she said they were funny, but what I wrote in the past two weeks (after that stuff about my income) was good in my opinion. I mean, everything I write looks like crap to me 10 minutes later, but it's not the worst stuff I could have written.

But I'll try to be a little funnier, and if my posts improve then everyone can thank Kate for being brash.

blog comments powered by Disqus