Sunday, February 12, 2006

First few days

WEll, I have finished my first two days of work. This job is easy, but I can see how it might get really boring. The lessons are all taught in more or less the same way. The kids are great (I get a lot of older guys who work at a R&D facility for Pfizer). I was already late once though. My second day on the job I got there about 10 minutes late. The penalty for showing up late is that you dont get paid for the session you miss and you get fined four additional sessions. Im not sure if the Japanese staff will cut me some slack as it was only my second day, so Ill just have to wait and see. My co-workers are ok, but theyre not necessarily the people I would be friends with back in Boston. At my branch, theres a girl from New Zealand, two British guys, and a girl from Australia. The branch is small, so there are English-speakers from nearby Higashiura who come over sometimes to teach on busy days. My roommate and a guy I already met from Camden, NJ are there maybe once a week. Everything is great still but I need to go open a bank account today. Oh yeah, so my schedule is as follows:

Monday - 5pm to 9pm
Tuesday - 1:20pm to 9pm
Wednesday - 5pm to 9pm
Thursday - DAY OFF
Friday - DAY OFF
Saturday - 10am to 5:40pm
Sunday - 11;40am to 7pm

blog comments powered by Disqus