Saturday, March 24, 2007

Yet more difficulties...


SIGH. Bye bye tropical paradise. Hello shitty Bangkok. I left Koh Tao on good terms even making friends with three massage girls on my way to the pier. I don't know who they thought I was but they all really like THAT guy. I arrived back here in Bangkok at 4:20am. I did the Bangkok walk of shame to Khao San Road and sat in McDonald's reading Romeo & Juliet until the sun finally came up.

So here are the choices I'm faced with. I need a Myanmar visa. I need one BAD. I have another 10 days or so before I have to go renew my Thai Visa. To do that, I need to cross into Myanmar anyway. It's Saturday (an oversight) which means I can't get to the Myanmar embassy here in Bangkok (the only one there is in Thailand), which stays open from Monday to Friday. It takes about a week to get the visa and it should only cost me $20. However, for me to get the visa, I need to (A.) stay in Bangkok through the weekend, and (B.) return here before I cross the border into Myanmar. I want to head south again where its pretty and warm and NOT Bangkok. I don't think I can get the visa from Ranong, which is one of the few border crossings into Myanmar and the only one down south. Ok. Sigh. I could get something called a Pre-approved Visa on arrival but I would need to get it at the Yangon airport and it takes 30 days to get it.

So I need to get that visa and that might mean staying here in Bangkok until Monday. And even after I stay and get the paperwork started, I'll have to return to pick it up. THEN I have to go back down south AGAIN to get over the border. Ugh. FUCK! ... ... FUCK! ... FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

blog comments powered by Disqus