Thursday, March 29, 2007

I guess it's time to check out

I was just writing an email to Daniela and I remembered something from this morning that I thought everyone would find funny. A guy who screams in his sleep moved into the dorm I was staying in on Koh Phi Phi Don. I'm including a picture of the dorm room so you can try to imagine how terrifying it would be to be woken up by this guy, about 6 feet from your head.


Because of his accent, I'm pretty sure the guy was either English or Scottish (I'm leaning towards Scottish) and was sleeping across the aisle from me. I woke up out of a sound sleep right before 7am and I couldn't figure out where I was or what was going on, but I distinctly heard someone scream 'COME AND LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE!!!!!!!!' I don't like waking up regardless of the situation, but to have my heart beating so fast so early can't be good. Confused, I sat bolt upright in bed and waited for more. I figured it came from just below our window or something because no one in the room was moving. Fuck, did I just dream that? I got back to sleep and in just another moment I heard "THANKS, I CRAZY APPRECIATE IT MATE!!!!!!!"

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?!!??! The second time I got up fast enough to figure out what direction it came from and I identified the guy. Shaven head, much bigger than me, and he had a big gut. Oh, and he was SCREAMING in his motherfucking sleep. It creeped me out, more so because no one else in the room (there were maybe 14 of us in there) even flinched. I was sitting up, totally awake and wide-eyed, looking around in a sort of terror and no one else even woke up. This was the first night that guy had been there (I'm pretty sure I would have remembered the screaming if he had been there the night before) and no one even woke up. I don't even understand it.

blog comments powered by Disqus