Sunday, March 18, 2007

He insulted BOOKS!

I bought a copy of Gogol's short stories in Bangkok and just finished it yesterday. There are 4 or 5 used bookshops on Koh Tao so I shopped around to find out where I could sell it or trade it for another book. I got 70 baht as an offer ($2), half of the value of another book if I traded it in, and one asshole who calls himself 'Mr. J' offered me A CAN OF PEPSI.

Me: 'Hi. Do you buy books here?'
Some asshole who calls himself Mr. J: 'Yes. What you bring?'
Me: 'This.' I hand him my book which I had bought new 4 days ago.
Some asshole who calls himself Mr. J: 'Ahhh! I give you... ... ... can of pepsi.'
Me: '... what? Soda? Are you offering me a soda? Are you kidding?' I take my book and walk away, insulted on behalf of books.
Some asshole who calls himself Mr. J: 'Hmmm.. I GIVE YOU CHOCOLATE TOO!'

I was completely offended. We are talking about BOOKS here my friend. I wouldn't offer you socks for your dog.

Plus I'm a cookie person.

blog comments powered by Disqus