Thursday, July 27, 2006

Japanese Spaghetti and The Talk

My clingy proto-girlfriend came over again last night and cooked for me. Spaghetti, Japanese-style. Instead of using pasta sauce, she used ketchup. I did a superb job of hiding my initial shock and disgust, but it wasn't half bad.

We watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind because its fantastic. Last weekend we watched her favorite film, Between Silence and Passion (or something like that) so it was her turn this weekend to be let down by my suggestion. She was able to follow the story despite its circular narrative and slightly confusing transitions. I was actually quite proud of the fact that she understood everything. There were a bunch of different expressions in English that were translated to one thing in Japanese, so I figured a lot was being lost in translation. Maybe she understood it because her version of the movie in no way resembled mine. In the end, it doesn't matter because she didn't care for it.

After that I tried to get rid of her but thanks to some teenage anctics in the parking lot (and no Bruce, we are not fornicating yet) she refused to leave. She sprung the Talk on me in my room, for which I was wholly unprepared. We've hung out a grand total of four times and last night was the first night anything happened between us, but she thought it was a good time to chat about 'us.' She's leaving the country in less than a month and she wants me to wait for her. Adorable as that is, I wasn't aware we were dating. Compounding the problem is the fact that the only adjective she can use to describe any of this is 'serious.' Part of our conversation last night actually ran something like this:

Terrifying: 'I am serious about boyfriend. I think you are serious too.'
Confused: '...Uh-huh...'
Terrifying: 'Really!?'
Confused: '...really what? You didn't even ask me a question.'
Terrifying: mmm mmm mmm... what?
Confused: Exactly.

So basically I'm planning my exit strategy. On one hand, I can't piss her off because she might get me in trouble. On the other hand, up with this I will not put.

blog comments powered by Disqus