Thursday, January 31, 2008

Las Vegas!

Daniela and I arrived in Las Vegas yesterday. Daniela's aunt Joni picked us up at McCarran Airport in one of the bakery's refrigerated trucks. We met her brother Max at Kaizen Sushi for dinner. The food was good. Asian fusion menu. As we were leaving I thought I'd throw some Japanese at the sushi chef so I said "ご馳走様でした" which is (I think) 'that was a big meal!' The sushi chef sort of panicked and looked down at the next order he was preparing. I thought that was weird but chocked it up to my terrible pronunciation. I told Max later in the car ride home that I think I scared the chef with my horrendous Japanese. He then informed me that the chefs are in fact Korean. Ah. But what makes that annoying, is that the waitress welcomed us in Japanese and kept saying "Hai!" whenever she presented us with a dish or replied to the chefs. If she was Korean too, that's annoying.

We got to Max's place around 9 and moved our bags in. There is plenty of space here and the kitchen is ultra-modern but I thought our rooms were a little small. They're fine but I remember them being bigger. The water in Las Vegas has a taste to it. I described it as 'salty' to Daniela but that's not accurate. It eludes description.

We went to the bakery's new location this morning and it looks fantastic.

Daniela and I are about to leave for the airport because we're headed to Ashland next. We're picking up a car that her parents aren't currently using and some furniture as well. I'll update again in the immediate future.

blog comments powered by Disqus