Thursday, January 24, 2008

Rhonda from way down yonda'

I'm back in Greenfield again. That was the shortest trip to Boston in the past two months but Daniela and I are leaving for Las Vegas next Wednesday (the 31st) and we're busy with packing and tying up loose ends.

I have to pay Luke back, try to sell any furniture that remains in my dad's barn, see my friends and family in Greenfield one last time, and pack. I think I can knock all of that out in a week.

This most recent trip to Boston was great. Daniela and I threw ourselves a going away party last Saturday night. We had 50 people over to her apartment in Cambridge. All of her friends from NETC and Dana Farber came, along with most of our friends from college. It was really nice to see everyone together one last time before we leave. Kevin invited me to come down to New York for the Idiotarod, but now I don't know if I'm going to make it. If anyone is looking for something to do in New York this weekend, try to keep up. I've wanted to join Kevin's team since I first saw his photos in 2005. Apparently the cops are aware of the race now and are making it more difficult to run.

While Daniela was cleaning out her apartment last week she found a Bob Dylan CD I had borrowed from the Greenfield Public Library and claimed as lost. I borrowed a dozen different Dylan CDs within a month, and I thought I had returned them all. The library sent me an email on the 5th requesting the return of the CD that was at Daniela's apartment under a pile of books. So, of course, I denied having it and told them I had already returned it and even said I had a witness, Daniela. They let it go since I over-reacted and today I had the enviable job of telling them I'm an idiot and returning the CD.

blog comments powered by Disqus