Friday, January 11, 2008

Japan is still on the table

I sent an email to Interac last night telling them that I formally withdraw my application for a job teaching in Japan. As anyone who reads this blog knows, I've decided to move to Las Vegas with Daniela and take the Foreign Service Officer's Exam instead. I told Interac that I'm tight for cash and simply can't afford to move back to Japan right now. This is true but only one of the reasons that has motivated this decision. Well, Interac replied that it's still interested in hiring me, so I should just let them know when I'm good and ready to return. This is great. I'm going to pursue this job with the State Department and if it doesn't work, I can always return to Japan.

This calls for a celebration. I think I'm going to go drink tea and read.

blog comments powered by Disqus