Friday, February 01, 2008

Wild Turkeys!

So, like I said yesterday, Daniela and I left Las Vegas on the 31st for Oregon. We flew Allegiant which charges for all checked luggage and beverages. Not even water is free. The flight was 2 hours and we hit some turbulence coming into Medford, Oregon.

I've included a fabulous video of the two of us driving to the airport. I'll try to include videos in my postings so all of you back home don't forget what we look like.


Anywho, Daniela and I are in Ashland now and it's been snowing on and off all day long. We arrived last night at 6pm and Daniela's mom, Yvonne, picked us up. We met Daniela's dad at a Japanese restaurant in Ashland and got some Udon noodles before meeting her parents' new dog. I asked Daniela's mom who she plans on voting for and that evolved into a debate about politics. She likes Hillary, I like Obama, and the guy who was sitting behind us likes Mitt Romney. I thought it was hip that some random guy sitting behind us joined the conversation, but his timing was poor. His wife and he were finished eating, but we weren't. He stood up, came around to our table and began preaching about how capitalism made America what it is and how Mitt Romney is going to run the government like a business. While he was speaking, he spit a piece of whatever he had just had for dinner into my face, which was special. He was actually a very nice guy and had I not been eating, would have argued with him for the rest of the night. Spit in my face though. Couldn't forgive that. Also: Mitt Romney? Terrible.

Today D and I ran errands. Her parents own something like 6 cars and the one they're giving us for Las Vegas doesn't have a trailer hitch. Daniela reserved a U-Haul trailer for Sunday so we're still figuring out how much it's gonna cost to install a hitch and whether the car can even pull a trailer. They have a nice 2005 Jetta Wagon that Daniela and I want to borrow, but obviously her parents don't want to give us their awesome new car. We brought the hitch-less Hyundai to Medford for an inspection and went to the U-Haul rental place in town to ask questions about getting an installation. The guy there told us that a hitch is going to run about $280. Crap. If that's the case I think we should just buy furniture in Las Vegas, but Daniela really likes her old couch.

I guess that's about it. I'm here reading Yvonne's copy of 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' and Daniela is out with her mom on another errand. Daniela's parents' new Border Collie, Marnie, is here with me, but I think it's still scared of me.

blog comments powered by Disqus