Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why don't women do that here?

I was just cracking up over an article I found through Mari's Blog (Mari is a Japanese girl writing in English, and includes lots of links to Japanese pop culture stuff). One of the articles she just linked to was titled "You've Been In Japan Too Long When..." and that sentence was finished with: ...you are not surprised to wake up in the morning and find that the woman who stayed over last night has completely cleaned your apartment, even though you'll probably never ever meet her again. This actually came up quite a few times in conversations I had with other teachers at NOVA. My friend from the Philly area once took a girl home for a fling, and in the morning discovered she had sewed up a hole in his pants while he was sleeping. She knew full well that it was a fling (at least, that's how he told the story...), but I guess that's just something girls do there.

blog comments powered by Disqus