Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So disappointed...

If the thought of putting classic literature and poetry on an iPod doesn't do it for you, just skip this one.

I found a website, Librivox, that provides free audio recordings of books. After a little searching I also found readings from the work of some of my favorite poets. I was THRILLED to find, what I thought, was a way to put poetry onto my iPod and then listen to it while running. Try to imagine how let down I was when I found out that all the recordings were done by volunteers and these volunteers had some of the worst, nasally voices ever recorded. Oh man. Returning to one of my favorite sites online, The Gutenberg Project, I found they now also carry sound recordings and often there will be multiple recordings for one book. At least that affords some selection. Would you rather hear Songs of Innocence and Experience read by the guy who did the voice for Snuffalufagus or the guy who did the voice for Yoda?

blog comments powered by Disqus