Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Update to my Interac application

I had a phone interview with Interac (maybe two weeks ago) and I was told that I would receive a formal invitation to attend their recruiting seminar in New York. Apparently it took them two weeks to get around to sending me a mass email with details of the interview. It starts at 9am ("sharp" according to the email) and lasts like 4 fucking hours. In addition to suffering through their sales pitch about living in Japan I have to deliver a 5-minute presentation. The guidelines are as follows:

GUIDELINES FOR VIDEO INTERVIEW (to be video-taped during interview)


The five minute demonstration must contain ALL of these three components:


1) Greet an imaginary class of Junior High School age (12 to 15 years) Japanese School Children. (One minute).

2) Deliver a one-minute self-introduction and describe your strengths in relation to teaching. It is encouraged that you do this in Japanese if it is possible. (One minute).

3) Drill an imaginary group of Elementary School age Japanese Children. Choose one of the following topics:


1. Numbers 1-5

2. Days of the Week.

3. Colors


The total presentation should be not exceed 5 minutes in duration. We have included details and tips that will help you present a perfect demonstration lesson. They are outlined in the attachment. Please contact us immediately if you are unable to open the attachment.


Sounds like a snap but you know how much it sucks to do this kind of shit for an interview. I think I'm gonna go with numbers because there are handy songs available. One little, two little, three little fingers, four little.... oh wait. For that song to work I would need to go as high as ten. Am I limited to 5? Ummmm... let me think this through...

blog comments powered by Disqus