Monday, October 09, 2006

Takeshima, Gamagori, and Okazaki

Yuka and I went out again last Thursday. We went to Red Rock on Wednesday night and crashed at a friend's place. We went to a small restaurant in her hometown of Okazaki at around 1pm the next day. Okazaki isn't so far from Nagoya or Obu. Its towards Toyohashi and Shizuoka (or Tokyo) on the JR. In Okazaki we went to this old temple that Ieyasu used to worship at (one of the three warlords from our area that, together, unified Japan). We got Japanese-style sweets as well, which has become something of a tradition.

After that Yuka and I drove out to Gamagori (it might have been 45 minutes from Okazaki) to walk out to Takeshima (shima = island) in the rain. We hiked to the top of the mountain and prayed at the shrines. Then we made our way in a loop around the island trying not to step on the hordes of bugs that were on the walkways. It looked like something out of the Temple of Doom. We got down by the water on the far side of the island and saw a crane or something in the water. Yuka got a picture, but I wanted to catch and eat it. She said we should wait until it caught a fish so we could eat them both. Then she said after I ate my share of the catch, she would eat me. I pointed out that she didn't have any fire to cook me with, but she said eating things raw is ok because she's Japanese.

Tsushimamire on the iPod. Trying to find mp3s of Ketchup Mania.

blog comments powered by Disqus