Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hiroshima and Miyajima

This post has nothing to do wtih either of those places. I went to Osaka, Hiroshima, and Miyajima this weekend and now I'm in an internet cafe in Okayama City. I paid an extra three bucks and instead of a chair, I'm writing this from a bed. Sweet cakes. I have 6 hours to sleep a little bit and then I'm off again to see this city's fancy-pants garden and maybe its castle. I hope to be back home by tomorrow night so I can get some real sleep, shave, and take a shower.

I'll post all of my pictures in the next few days.

I found a bookstore with a great English section in Osaka while I was waiting for my bus to leave. I picked up Pascal's Pensees only because its mentioned in this other book I'm reading and I found a quote that has been bothering me ever since (I'm paraphrasing): 'Curiosity is vanity. We only do things so that we'll be to talk about them later and if we didn't have friends to tell about our adventures we would never cross the sea.'

Ouch man, ouch. Especially since I have this blog that I like to use to just ramble on about what I'm up to. I suddenly feel so lame about everything I've done in the past 9 months. Maybe about everything I've ever done.

blog comments powered by Disqus