Monday, October 16, 2006

The future

I'm heading to Hikone-jo with Yuka tomorrow. Its about an hour and a half from Nagoya towards Osaka. Its one of the four national treasure castles and it should be alright. The castle itself doesn't really interest me but spending the afternoon with her should be a lot of fun.

I'm going to a Japanese wedding next week. Well, not an actual wedding but the after-party. This staff member, Aiko, has been dating the same guy for 12 years and they're finally gonna tie the knot (by the way, she's only like 25 or 26. She must have met this guy when she was about 14, and they've been together since... damn).

I'll have four days off in a row at the end of the month thanks to shift-swaps so I'm gonna head south. I can get to Osaka again pretty cheap (about $4 if I just lie about where I got on) and from there take a bus either to Hiroshima or even further to somewhere in Kyushu. I don't know what I'm gonna do in Kyushu but leaving the main island for the first time since I arrived has a certain appeal.

With Daniela's new job it looks like she's not going to be able to visit me around Christmas time. If that's the case, then I think I'm going to head to Taiwan with Yuka. We talked about it as a possibility tonight and she seemed really excited about the idea. We'll be able to discuss it tomorrow because she said she's gonna do her research tonight.

blog comments powered by Disqus