Monday, October 16, 2006

My name

So a long time ago I wrote that my name means poop in Japanes. That was sort of inaccurate. It can mean poop but only when combined with other syllables. One of the kanji with the 'ben' sound means something like poop, but not until you say 'benpi' or something like that does anyone find my name funny.

So I asked Yuka to write my name out in kanji a while back and she came up with 'Crown Snake People' for Benjamin and 'Food Rock' for Egan.

Tonight I asked her if 'Egan' was a word in Japanese. The sounds in my name have equivalent sounds in Japanese, so I figured there might be a word 'I-GA-N' and surprise, surprise, there is. It means stomach cancer.

Shit stomach cancer. Thats my name. Or Crown Snake People Food Rock. Whichever is funnier.

blog comments powered by Disqus