Monday, November 27, 2006

Yuka the planner

Not that I'm complaining. I've always been fine with other people deciding where I go and what I do. I mean that too. This weekend we're headed to Kyoto (my second time) to see the Kinkakuji (pictured). We both just finished reading Mishima Yukio's novel by the same name so we're in the mood. Her days off are kind of strange, in that she has Thursdays and every other Monday, so she can only spend a day with me. I'm going to head down this Wednesday and see some things by my lonesome. I'll crash in an internet cafe (probably Popeye's) and try to ignore the fact that I'll be completely alone on my birthday. By the way, my number is 090 6095 1895 and my phone's email address is bennegan@c.vodafone.ne.jp if you want to call or text me. Just throwing it out there.

So Yuka has planned something for almost everday right up until I leave (I picked up my passport today and now I need to get the ball rolling on Cambodia and Vietnam), with this weekend being spent in Kyoto, the weekend of the 15th in Takayama, and New Year's in Tokyo. Her mom has friends or a boyfriend that lives in Chiba so we'll be able to crash at their/his place. The agenda for our Kanto trip is going to be Nikko (the tomb of Tokugawa Ieyasu... I think), Tokyo, Yokohama (maybe... all I know about Yokohama is their Chinatown is famous. But I'll be going to China soon anyway, so who cares?), Kamakura (one of the shogunates was based there and it has a giant reclining Buddha), and Chiba (maybe).

...

I'm such a dirtbag. I have a giant pile of teabags in front of me that I just stole from the free drink area. I'm gonna fill the front pocket of my sweatshirt before I leave here tonight. What can I say? I hate spending money.

blog comments powered by Disqus