Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The no-look pass

I've been receiving texts and phone calls from some of you back home, but thanks to the assholes at Softbank I can't respond to any of them. My old service provider, Vodafone, was recently bought out by Softbank. I paid my October bill to Vodafone (I didn't know my provider officially became Softbank on the first and Vodafone sent me the October bill first, so that's the one I paid) but Softbank shut off my service because they never saw that money.

In Japan, you can pay all of your utility bills at convenience stores. I always pay my phone bill at the FamilyMart near my house, but I never keep the receipt because until now, I had never had a problem like this. So, I have to go and talk to someone at one of the now Softbank stores and see if I can get my service turned back on. I was supposed to go to Kyoto today and see some temples but without a cell phone, it would have been impossible to meet up with Yuka on Thursday, so I'm stuck in Nagoya for the day.

Basically, all telecommunications companies suck. Verizon was run by a bunch of assholes, Softbank is clearly run by assholes, and Vodafone was run by assholes. Its just how it works. I've never heard anyone say a good thing about their cell phone company. Ever.

blog comments powered by Disqus