Monday, November 13, 2006

Racially profiled

Not much to report

Three students are going to come over on Sunday for a Nabe party. Nabe is some kind of Japanese dish with like... an arrangement of meat and vegetables.... actually I have no idea what Nabe is, and I can't be bothered to look it up. But they're gonna come over and we're gonna eat it.

I heard from Starr for the first time in a few weeks and we're ironing out the details of our trip together. Nothing is set in stone yet, so expect details as we figure them out.

I have tomorrow and Thursday off so I'm gonna go to the Chinese embassy and get my Visa paperwork started.

I'm scheduled to work at 5 today so I came to Nagoya for McDonald's pancakes and a copy of The Economist. I went out front of the JR Station to read the tourist map and got stopped by a cop. He wanted to see my passport and foreign registration card and to ask me where I was headed. I was outraged. He was just a little guy, so when he started talking to me and I got the gist of what he wanted, I stood up as straight as I could to tower over him. It would have been awesome to be like, Luke's height then. He acted like he was concerned that I was lost but then threw in little comments like, 'OH, a Nova teacher' and crap like that. Yup, that's me. I only support racial profiling when its done to other people.

Pat has had that happen a few times to him so far, but it was a first for me. I don't like it. I dont like it much at all.

blog comments powered by Disqus