Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fuji Post 3 - Amy


I'm cool with traveling alone and I find that most things are more enjoyable that way anyway, but I wouldn't have enjoyed the hike up Fuji without Amy. She was in favor of carrying beer to the top of Fuji and getting drunk, but was also cool when I said that there was no way I was adding a six-pack worth of weight to my bag. She bitched a little bit right when we started hiking but not after that, and was very talkative and funny even after I got tired and quiet. After we got to the summit and I bought a wooden hand-painted Fuji charm thing, she said 'Let's get out of here, you've got wood and I'm wet.'

Hiking in such miserable conditions can still make for an awesome trip if you have the right person with which to be miserable.

However, after the first time she referred to Mt. Fuji as 'The Fooj' it was no longer funny.

blog comments powered by Disqus