Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Takahama hip-hop

I hung out with this cool student of mine named Tetsumasa on Saturday. He picked me up after work at Nova and drove me to some small bar in Takahama that a buddy of his owns. He's a DJ so he brought his crates and tables along and he just played all of his favorite shit for me and we lounged. The place got busy by 11 or 12, but it felt more like a private club house than a bar. I had a couple of whiskeys (which Tetsumasa insisted on paying for) and he put me onto some great Japanese hip-hop. I only really caught artist names, but if you're in the mood to listen to some good Japanese hip-hop, try Nujabes (the MC's name is Shingo2) and DJ Mitsu. He played a lot of stuff from the States, including Madlib remixes of Lootpack and Time Machine (I've never heard of them). I'm downloading a bunch of stuff on LimeWire now, so I'll give you all better direction when I get it.

blog comments powered by Disqus