Thursday, September 24, 2009

He Even High Fived Me!

This is the online chat I had with a Bank of America rep:

Adrian: Hello! Thank you for being a valued Bank of America customer! My name is Adrian. How may I assist you with your personal checking and savings accounts today?
You: ahoy
You: i have a quick question
Adrian: Hello! How are you doing today?
You: i'm fantastic,
You: and i'll tell you why
Adrian: Sure! Please go ahead. I will try my best to help you out.
You: the stock market, for the second day in a row, is tanking
You: and i need to fund my fidelity brokerage account STAT
You: so, i just initiated a transfer of funds
You: through my brokerage account
You: from my checking account here at B of A
You: I just want to make sure the transfer won't be rejected on your end
You: como vai?
You: are you soaking up what I'm spilling?
Adrian: I will surely be glad to inquire the transfer for you.
Adrian: May I have your full name please?
You: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX
Adrian: Thank you, XXXXXXXX.
Adrian: May I please have the last four digits of the account number in question?
You: XXXX
Adrian: Thank you, XXXXXXXX.
Adrian: Please allow me a moment while I check the details on your account.
You: Take-a you-a time
Adrian: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
You: ok
Adrian: XXXXXXXX, I see the available balance of the account ending in -XXXX is $XX,XXX.XX.
You: right-o
You: the question was,
You: is bank of america going to reject a transfer
You: initiated at Fidelity
You: I assume you guys will see one half of a wire from Fidelity
You: requesting XXXX.XX bucks from my account
You: will you connect points A and B
You: or will you reject it
You: because it's an outside request for funds
Adrian: Please be informed, that you can only transfer funds to Investment account if the account is present under the same Online ID .
You: ?
You: what does that mean?
You: like, my government name?
You: not, say, my rapping name
You: no, i think both accounts
You: are under the same name
You: or are you talking about some other ID?
Adrian: I see both the accounts are not under same Online ID.
You: what is the online ID?
You: my account number?
You: my sign-in name?
You: my actual name?
Adrian: Exactly!!!
Adrian: Online ID is your sign in name.
You: but wait,
You: you mean a wire is going to come over to you
You: saying
You: spongeruiner101 requests funds?
You: and you'll look at that and say
You: oh, we only have a mrcoffee99 (or whatever)
You: that doesn't sound right...
Adrian: Did you initiated a wire transfer?
You: yeah
You: from Fidelity
Adrian: Did you initiated a wire transfer?
Adrian: Okay!!
Adrian: In that case, there wont be any issue to transfer funds.
You: wait
You: how are we not on the same page?
You: you lost me
You: in the maze of this conversation
You: is the wire going to go through, or not?
You: and if it's not,
You: could you please let it?
You: wave it on through
You: green light it
You: that sort of thing
Adrian: Please be rest assured that wire transfer is surely going through.
You: oh, hooray!
You: (holds up hand for high five)
You: high five me!
Adrian: High Five!!!
You: yeah!
Adrian: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
You: i don't think so
You: you have been the most polite and helpful robot I have ever met
You: i await your eventual conquest of the world
You: and look forward to it
Adrian: I am not a robot.
Last text message received
Adrian: am not a robot

blog comments powered by Disqus