Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our 3rd CSA Share!

The fresh cilantro and basil we received this week smell amazing. They both came in plastic bags, so I sat in the kitchen and huffed them on Wednesday. Too bad there's no such thing as a basil buzz.


The variety of items was larger this week. We got four ears of corn, 113 g. of basil, 227 g. of arugula, 590 g. of beets, another pint of blueberries, 100 g. of garlic, 322 g. of zucchini, 566 g. of cucumbers, a head of lettuce, 178 g. of cilantro, and 214 g. of kale. D made up a meal list for the week, which I okayed with a grumble. Incidentally, I'm halfway through The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman.

Question: is fresh garlic supposed to be purple on the inside? Are there multiple varieties of garlic, or does garlic just lose its purple color as it sits around, drying out? This is rhetorical since I could just Google an answer.

I was able to fry the baby bok choy from last week just in time for yesterday's new share. I threw out the rest of the arugula from week one, the black bean & corn dip that D made, and I'm about to toss the the last of the cole slaw. I think we're doing a pretty good job of eating what we get, but every week something gets pitched. Sorry, Earth.

blog comments powered by Disqus