Friday, June 19, 2009

Portfolio Update 06.19.2009


I took a hit along with the rest of the market this week. The Dow Jones fell 2.13% on Monday, 1.25% on Tuesday, 0.09% on Wednesday and 0.19% on Friday. It was up slightly on Thursday, but the week ended 260 points lower than it opened. That might not seem like a lot, but it is. I hemorrhaged money until Thursday. I rebounded a bit, even making money on Friday while the market was down.

I dramatically changed my portfolio on Wednesday. I think it was emotional buying (I lost $235.19, $45.32, and $217.92 in the first three days of the week), but I got rid of everything but my AgFeed and Bank of America. I was down quite a bit on my MGM Mirage, but everything else was either slightly higher or lower than when I bought it. I think I made money overall, but I consider it a wash (even after trading fees). AgFeed fell more than I ever imagined it could, so after freeing up $2400 in cash, I moved another $900 into AgFeed at the depressed price. My average cost is now $4.98 a share and it closed at $6.24 on Friday.

This bull market might be retreating, so I'm keeping $1,500 in cash right now. I'm going to wait and see what the market does.

[[[Holdings: 20 BAC; 315 FEED]]]

blog comments powered by Disqus