Monday, June 01, 2009

My First Week: A Play

--- Characters ---
Benn -- a new hire
Jane -- a senior employee who has the regrettable job of training the new guy


Scene I: A cubicle in Boston


Benn: "Hey, Jane, do you have a minute?"

Jane: "Sure, what's up?"

Benn: "Well, I have this activity in the B of A account that I don't understand"

Jane: "OK, well let's walk over to your desk and you can show me"


The dashing new hire leads Jane to his desk. He mistakes a co-worker's cubicle for his own, but eventually gets the right one.


Benn: "See this 1,500 bucks? I can't match this with anything"

Jane: "OK, what's the account number?"

Benn: "..."

Jane: "This first number is the account number"

Benn: "Oh, right, right, right, right. The account number is 001 002 003"

Jane: "OK, so let's look it up in FBSI"

Benn: "Ummm... I don't see anything on my desktop that says fibbsy"

Jane: "Log in to the mainframe"

Benn: "Oh yeah, I knew that. OK. I'm logged in.... now I push...."

Jane: "2 for FBSI. Do you see how it says FBSI right here?"

Benn: "Oh, right, right, right. Of course. FBSI. Right there. 2."

Jane: "..."

Benn: "..."

Jane: "..."

Benn: "...ummmm"

Jane: "OK, so type 'bhis' right here and the account number right here."

Benn: "How do I know the account number?"

Jane: "Because we just looked it up. Did you write it down?"

Benn: "No"

Jane: "OK, so let's go back to Recon and find the entry again."

Benn: "What's a recon?"

blog comments powered by Disqus