Monday, May 04, 2009

Some Mistakes, but Overall Pretty Good

Great start to the week. Las Vegas is surging. Ford rose another 40% after I sold it. I'm up 15% overall (about $450). I'm not sure where the market is headed so I'm holding $1,400 in cash.

I replaced my Ford and Tata Motors with $530 worth of Dr. Pepper Snapple (NYSE: DPS) and 1,150 shares of Leading Brands (Nasdaq: LBIX). The Dr. Pepper play is already boring me. I'm up 8% and I couldn't care less. I'm very excited about Leading Brands though. Huge growth potential. It started as a bottling/co-packing/distribution company in western Canada. They made Hansen's Monster Energy Drink a huge success in Canada, only to be dropped for Pepsi. They're trying to build their own brands now and from what I gather online, they're doing pretty well. TrueBlue, Stoked, Trek, and Infinity are a few of their brands. Anyone have any feedback on how they are? The 7-11s and grocery stores near my house don't carry them.

blog comments powered by Disqus