Monday, May 21, 2007

--STRANDED!--

Someone get a hold of Kevin Skobac (I just emailed him) and tell him not to meet me at the airport in New York!

I was with Luke in Delhi until about midnight on the 20th and then I found a shuttle to the airport for only 50 rupees. Once I had found the correct place to catch the bus, and asked some guy to confirm that I had the correct spot, he asked for my sunglasses as a gift for all his help. Are you serious? He was. I got to the international airport around 1am and found out the flight to Moscow had been delayed about 3 and a half hours. Because of this, I was going to miss my connecting flight to New York and so they told me that I would have to stay in Delhi for 24 hours and try again tomorrow. The flight however has changed, because someone at Aeroflot told me I would need to return for 2am to get to Moscow. So I would love to give Kevin new information but I don't have it yet.

Free hotel room!

This hotel is frickin' sweet. I bitched and moaned at the airport (to try to get a seat upgrade or free booze on the flight) but I was really just excited to get a bed to jump on and free food. I know at least Daniela (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) will know what I'm referring to, but this hotel has an Eggspectation restaurant. We went to one in Quebec or Montreal and it had what was probably the best breakfast I've ever eaten. Well this hotel has one and its where all my meals are comped. Awesome. So awesome. I've just been reading and eating and drinking free tea and coffee. I don't want to hike all the way back into Delhi proper so I'm gonna take a nap or something to kill some more time.

The point is that I WON'T be arriving in New York at 4pm on the 21st, and that sucks. See you all when I see you.

Kisses.

blog comments powered by Disqus