Wednesday, February 28, 2007

NO TIME!

This internet cafe is closing at its almost 11pm here. I'm in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and tomorrow is my last day. I'm going to take a bus at noon with Starr and Raquel to Siem Reap. That's right near Angkor Wat, where we'll rent bikes and explore the area for a day. Admission is expensive (relatively), about $20 for a day. I love Cambodia and if I didn't love traveling with Starr and Raquel, then the decision to stay in Phnom Penh for a week would be an easy one. I skipped Ho Chi Minh City in order to catch up with them, and I don't regret it because they both said it sucked. Not 'sucked' exactly, but they agreed that I'm not missing anything.

Ummm... I'll post again soon. Hopefully. I had an American-style donut today (made with Costco ingredients) and while it was pricey by Cambodian standards (49 cents) it was FUCKING DELICIOUS. Oh man I'm gonna put so much weight on when I get back home. I miss everything. Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Dunkaroos. Berkshire Brewing Company's beer. Biggy Iggy Ice Cream Sandwiches. Reese's Pieces. I'll make a complete list and post it.

Oh yeah, Phnom Penh has virtually no western chains, so we haven't seen a McDonald's or a KFC or anything like that here. I read that Myanmar has no banks, so I guess I'm learning how to do with less and less as I go further and further into Asia.

Also, thank God I carry toilet paper with me in my backpack. That's all I'm gonna say.

blog comments powered by Disqus